What’s different about basketball at Trinity?
Well, while we have a history of success on the courts, we don’t play for ‘sheep stations’. We measure success by the friendships made and the fun we have while developing new skills and keeping healthy. We love the team focus of basketball and seek to ensure that playing for Trinity is an encouraging and positive environment.
- show good sporting character at all times.
- abide by the umpires’ decisions.
- value all team members and supporters and provide positive encouragement.
- ensure everyone gets a fair go.
- accept people’s differences and not discriminate.
- attend games, practices and other activities to the best of our ability and advise someone if we are unable to do so.
- abide by the rules and guidelines of SA Church Basketball.
In recent years we were privileged to have over 60 players and their families involved in teams for:
- Under 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18
- Women’s Open age
- Men’s Open age
To join a junior team the player must be under the team age category on 30th September that year. For example to be eligible to play in the under 14’s, you must still be 13 or younger on 30th September. Special circumstances will be taken into consideration – to find out more about eligibility please contact Johanna on 0412 912 280.
At Trinity Baptist we have two external courts with adjustable height backboards suitable for all age groups. All of the Trinity Teams have their practice sessions on these courts during the week, with the older teams making use of night training under lights. Phone the Church Office 8276 1144, Monday – Friday mornings for information.
To register for one of the Trinity Baptist Basketball Club winter season teams please download a Registration Form. Sign up for the 2018 season is on Sunday 18th Feb, at Trinity Baptist Centre. Come shoot some hoops at the church and meet other players 1:30pm – 4pm. Return the completed form to Johanna, or deliver to the Church Office:
Trinity Baptist Church
8a Bedford Square,
Colonel Light Gardens SA 5041
Our courts are open to the public for use during any daylight hours and a very popular, especially over weekends.