What’s different about basketball at Trinity?
Well, while we have a history of success on the courts, we don’t play for ‘sheep stations’. We measure success by the friendships made and the fun we have while developing new skills and keeping healthy. We love the team focus of basketball and seek to ensure that playing for Trinity is an encouraging and positive environment.
- show good sporting character at all times.
- abide by the umpires’ decisions.
- value all team members and supporters and provide positive encouragement.
- ensure everyone gets a fair go.
- accept people’s differences and not discriminate.
- attend games, practices and other activities to the best of our ability and advise someone if we are unable to do so.
- abide by the rules and guidelines of SA Church Basketball.
Presently we are ONLY filling teams for U14’s. To join a team the player must be under the team age category on 30th September that year. For example to be eligible to play in the under 14’s, you must still be 13 or younger on 30th September. Special circumstances will be taken into consideration.
At Trinity Baptist we have two external courts with adjustable height backboards suitable for all age groups. The practice session for the teams are directly before the games on Saturday afternoon. Phone the Church Office 8276 1144, Monday – Friday mornings for information.
Trinity Baptist Church
8a Bedford Square,
Colonel Light Gardens SA 5041
Our courts were upgraded by grants from the state and federal government. They are open to the public for use from 9am till 8pm and are very popular, especially over weekends. More information on member protection policies can be found at http://www.basketballsa.com.au